- To improve the workflows of our customers, with your broad set of engineering skills you are tasked with adding next-generation services to our learning platform.
- Take ownership and focus on excellence, from planning, technical development, and testing through to the deployment of features.
- Share your skills, communicate with the team your learnings, peer review code and compliment our processes and best practices.
You’re good at…
- Structuring your code, in a way which is easy to read and test. Maintaining DRY principles and common standards within a large code base.
- Communicating, able to explain complex technical concepts in a way that everyone can understand. Whilst working collaboratively within a multi-disciplined team.
- Creating high-quality maintainable code. Experienced with linters, TDD, stubbers and mocks. With testing frameworks, such as Jest and Cypress, you strive for full code coverage and confidence in CD pipelines.
- Architecting, using cloud services to host containers and functions, such as AWS Fargate and Lambda. You create elegant and optimal solutions which can scale. And you deliver it all with automatic confidence through CI/CD pipelines.
- You have a passion for developing great services, and making products which are a delight to use.
- You are highly motivated, proactive, self-starter. You can take a story of any size, either huge and daunting or small and boring, and execute it. You know and understand the value in breaking large tasks into smaller steps.
- You are accountable, you take ownership of your services after delivery, monitor their performance and maintain them as necessary.
- You have basic knowledge about security best practices, familiar with OWasp and GDPR.
- You have good verbal and written English language communication skills. And can communicate complex technical problems in documentation and in conversation.
5app is a fast-growing SaaS company developing a powerful learning and communications hub used by organisations across the globe. We’ve partnered with global training firm Hemsley Fraser, nominated as a Top 20 global online learning library by the Training Industry, and gained huge traction in the market with a portfolio of global brands.
Now, we’re building a new client base and growing to meet demand, so it’s an exciting time to join our team. We have an innovative, start-up atmosphere and culture, with a friendly sociable team – and we can’t wait to hear from you!
5app has an innovative start-up culture and a friendly sociable team. We pay competitive salaries based on experience and offer flexible working hours for all staff, including an early finish on a Friday afternoon.
We have transitioned away from our London office to a fully remote working-from-home model for the foreseeable future.
- Agility – always learning and adapting
- Diversity – celebrating differences in people and perspectives
- People – value and respect each other
- Creativity – innovating with technology and design
- Heart – making a difference to our clients and wider society
Our culture is defined by our people.
In the 5app team, we truly value each other, and this means making sure every team member can thrive and feel encouraged and celebrated.
Inclusive recruitment processes are not only vital for business success, it’s an important part of our role in society. We’re working to create an environment that is friendly and inclusive for everyone – and we understand that it’s an ongoing process. We welcome applications from all kinds of people, particularly those currently underrepresented in the tech sector.
If you choose to apply for this role, we won’t discriminate against you on the basis of sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, religion or disability.
How to apply
If you feel you could be a good match for this role and are interested to find out more, please fill out the form below or email your CV and a cover letter to hello [at] 5app.com.
At 5app, we value attitude and cultural fit as well as skills and experience – if there’s any aspect of 5app or the job requirements you’re not sure about, please don’t hesitate to ask us questions before applying.